The House of Bavarian History: Museum in the old town of Regensburg on the southern bank of the Danube is a museum dedicated to new and recent Bavarian history. The museum was opened on 5 June 2019.
The permanent exhibition of the museum covers the period from the foundation of the Kingdom of Bavaria in 1806 to the present on an area of 2500 m². The museum is the first site-specific facility of the House of Bavarian History to host the Bavarian State Exhibitions, which take place each year in a different region of Bavaria on a specific theme of Bavarian history.
A steel and glass construction measuring around 700 square metres spans the foyer and alley at a height of 17 metres as a new connection between the old town and the Danube. The large showroom with 360-degree panorama, the large divisible Donausaal for special exhibitions and events, museum shop and pub are further points of contact for on the ground floor, from where an escalator leads visitors to the large permanent exhibition area directly under the folded roof.
The most important figures:
multiControl systems, emergency and safety lighting from RP Group were installed in the entire building complex. In total, over 500 RP products were installed: